You need reliable, and trained resources for your security solution.
RCS Secure is a company that specializes in cybersecurity safeguards and services. When businesses want to protect their networks, they count on us to implement reliable security solutions. If there’s a problem, we find a way around it to ensure you get the solution your business needs. A good example of such a problem is when we were hired by an automotive company.
The client initially brought RCS Secure on to upgrade their hardware and manage their firewall migration. It was a simple and standard task that we were more than happy to help the client with. However, when our technicians started on the project, they noticed there may be another issue the client would need help with first.
As it turned out, it seemed the company didn’t quite have the number of trained personnel or resources they needed to implement and maintain the overall security plan they wanted. Instead, they were relying on seasoned resources for their cybersecurity needs. This resulted in technology debt, a backed up deployment log, resource shortages, and point solutions.
In order to secure their network properly, they needed the help of not just a professional, but a team of experts who could guide them through this journey.
As soon as we made this realization, we talked with the client about their situation and explained how to strengthen their security posture. Our client takes cybersecurity seriously, so they decided to bring us back after the firewall migration to further analyze their security needs. Through our assessment, we discovered and identified a few other security gaps that could potentially be exploited by bad actors.
Impressed with the work we’ve already done for them, the client expanded our role to implement our four main services:
- Security operations center as a service (SOCaaS): SOCaaS is a wide-ranging security strategy that includes everything from advanced detection to mitigation. It is fully managed, monitored 24/7, and designed to your organization’s specific needs.
- Continual compliance solutions: This is a service to help your business identify security weaknesses to meet stringent industry and government requirements.
- Security assessments: With our security assessments, we analyze your network and identify vulnerabilities you may have missed. This allows us to go in and implement solutions that eliminate those security holes.
- Virtual chief information security officer (CISO) services: A virtual CISO is someone who assists your organization in protecting your infrastructure, data, people, and customers. RCS Secure assigns one of our agents to be your virtual CISO to help you bolster your cybersecurity posture.
When the client chose to partner with RCS Secure, our team worked closely with theirs to implement these reliable security solutions. We also helped them to establish cybersecurity best practices. Some of these best practices included:
- Documenting security policies: A written policy serves as a formal guide for all cybersecurity measures used in your company. It allows the people in charge of your security and your employees to be on the same page.
- Data backup: Companies should have full and current backups of their data in case of an accident.
- Use multi-factor authentication (MFA): MFA creates an additional layer of protection that requires users to provide extra identification to verify who they are.
- Keeping an eye on privileged users: Privileged users are people who have access to your entire network. These individuals have everything they need to steal your sensitive data and go unnoticed. To minimize the risk they pose, the number of privileged users should be limited and accounts should be deleted as soon as they’re gone.
After pinpointing red flags in their security structure, we implemented solutions to fix their security gaps. Out-of-date systems and processes were replaced with new, efficient ones that would better protect the company’s information. We also began monitoring the client’s infrastructure, allowing us to detect any problems in the future. Technical debt decisions were made due to the issues that arose with this company.
The client now had a seasoned and knowledgeable team of technicians who could reinforce their cybersecurity measures. We were also able to use our services to re-establish applications and operations that had been rendered unusable due to lack of training and resources.
RCS Secure offers a full spectrum of cyber security safeguards and services. Our services combine compliance standards expertise with cutting-edge technology to identify risks, prioritize remediation, and ensure you are both secure and compliant.